28 Jun 66 Books Later
66 Books Later, Our Students Graduated!
Our forty-nine students have made it to graduation week and we have finished our first year staffing SBS! They have now studied every book of the Bible in depth over the past 9 months. Throughout this process we have seen so much transformation and change in their lives as they have allowed the Word of God to disciple and challenge them. Over the past three months we have had the privilege to teach eight different books of the Bible. Here is a quick snapshot of what we studied and taught to our students this quarter:
Highlights of 2018 So Far:
- Teaching! We have felt stretched in teaching but can also see how much we have grown as teachers this year! (picture 1)
- Stephen has grown closer to the other leaders of next year’s SBS and is excited to lead alongside them later this year.
- On Spring Break we were able to see some family and we also got to visit Chick-fil-a Headquarters! (picture 2)
- Stephen shared a devotional with the Base Leadership at a leadership week about missions and “the why” we do what we do.
- Dan, one of the Mok teenagers in Thailand, was baptized! We celebrated from a far. (picture 3)
- Angel has started training to be the School Administrator for next year. (picture 4)
- Stephen hosted “Survivor” for the SBS students and staff as a team building day! (picture 5)
- Our friends Kristin & Nick surprised Angel for her birthday! This was so life-giving for all of us! In missions it is sweet to have times like this together and a taste of “home.” (picture 6)